About the Blog
Hi there! My name is Makenna, and I’m a fourteen year-old girl who loves writing about, well, everything! In this blog, I’m going to write on all the subjects that interest me, with the specific goal of glorifying God and encouraging others. (Find out more about my Christian faith here.) I enjoy writing on topics from a Christian perspective, so you’ll see lots of that here!
About the Name
In Psalm 34:5, it says that “those who look to Him [God] are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” The words I write may be nothing but rambling, but my prayer is that, as I fix my eyes on Jesus, He would transform them into radiant ramblings—words that shine His light to the world. If you’re a believer, then I pray that this will encourage you in your Christian walk and spur you on to love and good deeds. If you’re not a believer, then I pray that this will either plant or water a seed in your heart. And whatever happens, to God be the glory!
About the Girl
And here’s where I get to dump a ton of useless information about myself. This is gonna be fun. 🙂
- My birthday is on May 13th, and I’m fifteen.
- I am going into tenth grade and have been home-schooled my whole life. Well, there was that one year in a private Christian preschool when I was three… but I don’t think that counts. 😉
- I’m the oldest of my four younger siblings, namely Aynsley (13), Addie (9), and Etta-Mae and Ethan (4).
- All my grandparents and 3 of my 4 cousins live in Colorado.
- I love chocolate! Dark is best, but just about any kind is great.
- I love reading books. Like, love reading books…
- My favorite author (and role model) is Elisabeth Elliot.
- Some of my hobbies include playing piano, knitting, crocheting, baking, and journaling.
- When I grow up I want to be a wife, mother and writer. But of course what I want is subject to God’s will.
- I am an introvert.
- I am a morning person—if not necessarily an early bird all the time. 😉
- My family and I attend a home church—which basically means that we meet in a home instead of another kind of building—and I love it.
So, there you go! A whole bunch of totally random facts about me.
Now go enjoy my blog! And God bless you!